The District Collector of Thiruvannamalai has released a notification regarding the rules and restrictions that me strictly observed by the devotees during the grand Deepam Festival at Thiruvannamalai:
- The devotees climbing the mountain to witness the Deepam Lighting can submit a copy of either their Voter ID card or Aadhar card and get the permission ticket and climb!
- On the Deepam Festival on 6th December, tokens will be distributed from 6.00 AM. Up to 2500 devotees ONLY will be permitted to climb the mountain.
- Only one route, near the PeGopuram (Main Temple Tower) can be used for climbing! ALL OTHER ROUTES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED!!
- INFLAMMABLE ITEMS LIKE CAMPHOR, CRACKERS, ETC., MUST BE CARRIED WHILE CLIMBING!
- GHEE CAN BE POURED ONLY IN THE PERMITTED COPRA VESSEL! GHEE (CLARIFIED BUTTER LAMPS CANNOT BE LIT IN ANY OTHER PLACE!
- DEVOTEES ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY WATER BOTTLES! THE EMPTY BOTTLES MUST BE TAKEN WHILE GETTING DOWN THE MOUNTAIN.