In a recent administrative overhaul, the Tamil Nadu state government has announced significant transfers and appointments to key positions, aiming to optimize governance and enhance efficiency. State Chief Secretary Shiv Das Meena issued the following orders:
1. Chennai District Collector Moves to Nilgiris: M Aruna, the erstwhile Chennai District Collector, has been transferred to the Nilgiris district, bringing her experience to this scenic region.
2. New Face in Chennai Collector`s Office: Rashmi Siddharth Zagade, previously serving as Additional Secretary in the Food and Consumer Protection Department, has been appointed as the new Collector of Chennai. Her fresh perspective is expected to benefit the state capital.
3. Revamping Land Administration: S P Amirth, the outgoing Collector of Nilgiris, takes on the role of Commissioner of Land Administration, where he will play a pivotal role in land management across the state.
4. Archives and Historical Research Get a New Head: Dr. R Nanthagopal, who formerly held the position of Special Secretary in the Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Department, now assumes responsibility at the Office of the Commissioner of Archives and Historical Research, ensuring the preservation of the state`s rich heritage.
5. Dynamic Leadership at TUFIDCO: Hanish Chabbra, the Special Secretary of the State Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Department, has been appointed as the Managing Director of TUFIDCO (Tamil Nadu Urban Finance and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited). He takes the helm to drive urban development initiatives, succeeding Dr. Neeraj Mittal, who has been deputed to serve the Government of India.